Monday 18 May 2015

Golden Triangles



What to call this mani?! At the risk of being boring I just went with ‘Golden Triangles’ because, well, that’s what it is. These nails were inspired by a prompt I saw on Instagram for ‘flakies’. Now I only own one proper flakie…an Essie polish. It’s super pretty but doesn’t show up in photos at all so I created a little bit and used the only other flakie-ish polish I own – OPI Pure.  I’ve been in love with these gold polishes (yes, real gold!!!) ever since I saw them.  OPI Pure is totally stunning and looks 10x better in person.  I originally just planned to paint the gold flakes on in a triangle shape. It ended up looking like this:

Love.Angle.Music.Baby, Live.Love.Carnival, Pure

However, I wanted the triangle to look a little more defined so I just painted around it with gold polish so it popped. I did this using a handmade nail brush, aka an old eyeliner brush. Here’s the finished look:

Nail vinyls OPI Nail Art Gold OPI Polish Nail Art
Gold Triangle Nails
Nail vinyls OPI Nail Art Gold OPI Polish Nail Art

Nail vinyls OPI Nail Art Gold OPI Polish Nail Art


Here’s everything this look requires (minus the painting brush as I forgot about it!):
 
OPI Polish Nail Art Love.Angle.Music.Baby, Live.Love.Carnival, Pure
OPI Polishes - (L to R) Love.Angle.Music.Baby, Live.Love.Carnival, Pure

The polishes I used were all OPI:

Base - Live.Love.Carnival
Gold Flakes – Pure
Gold lining – Love.Angle.Music.Baby (one of my all-time favourites!)
Plus Essie Good to Go for my top coat.  

I got the vinyls to outline the triangles from nailvinyls.com

Rhi.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment